In today’s world, computer is become important due to its accuracy and fast calculation, perform many tasks easily. Below are some questions answer related to computer.
1. A(n) __________ camera is a peripheral device used to capture still images in a digital format that can be easily transferred into a computer and manipulated using graphic software?
(a) digital (b) analog (c) classic (d) film (e) None of these
2. _________ makes it possible for shoppers to make purchases using their computer.
(a) E-world (b) E-commerce (c) E-spend (d) E-business (e) None of these
3. A program that enable you to perform calculations involving rows and columns of number is called a ______
(a) Spreadsheet Program (b) Word Processor (c) Graphics Package (d) Window (e) None of these
4. A record is related to a file as a statement is related to a _______.
(a) Procedure (b) File (c) Program (d) Data (e) None of these
5. What is a backup?
(a) Restoring the information backup (b) An exact copy systems information (c) The ability to get a system up and running in the event of a system crash or failure. (d) All of these (e) None of these
6. The internet is
(a) A large network of networks
(b) An internal communication system for a business
(c) A communication system for the Indian government
(d) A communication system for some states of India
(e) A communication system for some cities of India.
7. Which of the following is a storage device that uses rigid permanently installed magnetic disks to store data or information?
(a) Floppy diskette (b) Hard disk (c) Permanent disk (d) Optical disk (f) None of these
8. Microsoft office is an example of a ______
(a) Closed source software (b) Open source software (c) Horizontal market software (d) Vertical market software (e) Compiler
9. A tuple is a
(a) A column of a table (b) Two dimensional table (c) Row of a table (d) Key of a table (e) None of these
10. The method of file Organisation in which data records in a file are arranged in a specified order according to a key field is known as the
(a) Direct Access method (b) Queuing method (c) Predetermined method (d) Sequential access method (e) None of these
11. In Oracle who owns the data dictionary?
(a) Oracle (b) SYS (c) DBA (d) SYSTEM (e) None of these
12. The reason the data output of most ROM ICs are tri-state outputs is to
(a) Allow for three separate data input lines.
(b) Allow the bi directional flow of data between the bus lines and the from registers.
(c) Permit the connection of many ROM chips to a common data bus.
(d) Isolate the registers from the database during read operations. (e) None of these
13. A website address is a unique name that identify a specific _____ on the web.
(a) Web browser (b) Website (c) PDA (d) Link (e) None of these
14. ______ are specially designed computer chips that reside inside other devices such as your car or you are electronic thermostat.
(a) Service (b) Embedded computers (c) Robotic computers (d) Mainframe (e) None of these
15. USB communication device that supports Data Encryption for secure wireless communication for notebook user is called a
(a) USB wireless network adapter (b) Wireless switch (c) Wireless hub (d) Router (e) None of these
16. A(n) _______ language reflects the way people think mathematically.
(a) Cross-platform programming (b) 3GL business (c) Event driven programming (d) Functional (e) None of these
17. You can ______ a search by providing more information the search engine can use to select a smaller more useful set of results.
(a) Refine (b) Expand (c) Load (d) Query (e) Slow down
18. The contents of ______ are lost when the computer turn off.
(a) Storage (b) Input (c) Output (d) Memory (e) None of these
19. Which of the following is a graphic package?
(a) Adobe Pagemaker (b) Acrobat Reader (c) Microsoft Word (d) Corel Draw (e) None of these
20. When we purchase a product on a mobile phone, the transaction is called
(a) M-commerce (b) Mobile Purchase (c) E-commerce (d) Web Commerce (e) None of these
21. Word processing, spreadsheet, and photo editing are examples of
(a) Application software (b) System software (c) Operating system software (d) Platform software (e) None of these
22. If you wish to extend the length of the network without having the signal degrade, you would use a
(a) Repeater (b) Router (c) Gateway (d) Switch (e) None of these
23. Which of the following displays the buttons for changing text style, and alignment and size?
(a) Standard toolbar (b) Status bar (c) Drawing toolbar (d) Formatting toolbar (e) None of these
24. Arranging of data in a logical sequence is known as
(a) Classifying (b) Searching (c) Sorting (d) Reproducing (e) None of these
25. What is the function of a modem?
(a) encryption and decryption (b) converts data to voice and vice versa. (c) converts analogue signal to digital and vice versa. (d) serves as a hardware anti-virus. (e) none of these
26. Arithmetic logic unit and control sections have special purpose locations called
(a) Registers (b) RAM (c) BIOS (d) I/O (e) ROM
27. Connection or link to other documents or web pages that contain related information is called
(a) Dial-up (b) Electronic Commerce (c) Hyperlink (d) e-cash (e) Domain name
28. Which of the following is a programming language for creating special program like applets?
(a) Java (b) Cable (c) domain name (d) Net (e) COBOL
29. Which method is used the most by the Indian banks to send amount from one City to the other?
(a) Internet (b) EDI (c) TT (d) Fax (e) None of these
30. Which of the following is not included in biometric identification?
(a) fingerprint and palm print (b) voice print and retina of the eye. (c) geometry of hand and typing style. (d) height and weight.
31. The blinking symbol on the computer screen is called the
(a) Mouse (b) Hand (c) Light (d) Cursor (e) None of these
32. A word processor would most likely be used to do which of the following?
(a) keep an account of money spent (b) maintain an inventory. (c) type a biography. (d) do a computer search in the media centre. (e) None of these
33. A hard copy of a file created on a computer refers to data
(a) saved on A floppy disk (b) printed on a printer. (c) Backed up on a tape drive. (d) send as an email. (e) None of these
34. A ____ is an organised Collection of data about a single entity.
(a) File (b) Library (c) Database (d) Dictionary (e) None of these
35. Which of the following is a key function of a Firewall?
(a) Monitoring (b) Deleting (c) Copying (d) Moving (e) none of these
36. ________ are a type of inexpensive digital camera that remains tethered to a computer and are used for video conferencing, video and live web broadcast.
(a) Webcams (b) Web pics (c) Browsercams (d) Browser pics (e) None of these
37. What does storage unit provide?
(a) place for typing data (b) Storage for information and instruction (c) place for printing information. (d) all of the above (e) none of these
38. Which type of memory is closely related to processor?
(a) Main memory (b) Secondary memory (c) Disk memory (d) Tape memory (e) None of these
39. Which of the following is the first step in the ’the transaction processing cycle’, which captures business data through various modes such as optical scanning or at an Electronic Commerce website?
(a) document and report generation (b) database maintenance. (c) transaction processing. (d) data entry (e) none of these
40. CRM ( Customer Relationship Management) is
(a) a pre-sales activity. (b) a tool for lead generation. (c) an ongoing daily activity. (d) the task of DSA. (e) all of the above