LIST OF IMPORTANT WIND POWER PLANTS IN INDIA
Static GK is also an important part of any government exam, we are providing you the list of Important Wind Power Plants in India that might appear in any of the upcoming examinations.
Static is a section which you have to study in bits and parts. So do read it on a light note and revise it after two or three days and we can assure that you will retain the names and their states till the exam.
- India is the world’s fifth largest wind power producer and these wind energy facilities are installed in eight major states across India, Tamil Nadu,Gujarat,Maharashtra,Karnataka etc.
- India has largest windmills facilities and the location are Tamil Nadu windfarm at Tuticorin, Coimbatore, Kanyakumari, Thirunelveli and Tiruppur.
- Other well known windfarms or windmills in India are located at Sangli and Satara District of Maharashtra, Kayathar, Tirupur, Kanyakumari, Kethanur in Tamil Nadu and Dewas Wind Farm in Madhya Pradesh.
|Vankusawade Wind Park||Suzlon Energy Ltd.||Satara Dist., Maharashtra|
|Sipla||CLP Wind Farms (India) Private Ltd.||Jaisalmer, Rajasthan|
|Samana||CLP Wind Farms (India) Private Ltd.||Jamnagar, Gujarat|
|Theni||CLP Wind Farms (India) Private Ltd.||Tamil Nadu|
|Saundatti||CLP Wind Farms (India) Private Ltd.||Belgaum, Karnataka|
|Khandke||CLP Wind Farms (India) Private Ltd.||Ahmeanagar, Maharshtra|
|Narmada||CLP Wind Farms (India) Private Ltd.||Nallakonda, Andhra Pradesh|
|Harapanahalli||CLP Wind Farms (India) Private Ltd.||Davanagere, Karnataka|
|Cape Comorin||Aban Loyd Chiles Offshore Ltd.||Kanyakumari, Tamilnadu|
|Kayathar Subhash||Subhash Ltd.||Kayathar, Tamil Nadu|
|Ramakkalmedu||Subhash Ltd.||Ramakkalmedu, Tamil Nadu|
|Muppandal Wind||Muppandal Wind Farm||Muppandal, Tamil Nadu|
|Gudimangalam||Gudimangalam Wind Farm||Gudimangalam, Tamil Nadu|
|Puthlur RCI||Wescare (India) Ltd.||Puthlur, Andhra Pradesh|
|Lamda Danida||Danida India Ltd.||Lamda, Gujarat|
|Chennai Mohan||Mohan Breweries & Distilleries Ltd.||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Jamgudrani MP||MP Windfarms Ltd.||Dewas, Madhya Pradesh|
|Jogmatti BSES||BSES Ltd.||Chitradurga Dist, Karnataka|
|Perugudi Newam||Newam Power Company Ltd.||Perugudi, Tamil nadu|
|Kethanur Wind Farm||Kethanur Wind Farm||Kethanur, Tamil Nadu|
|Hyderabad APSRTC||Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corp.||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh|
|Muppandal Madras||Madras Cements Ltd.||Muppandal, Tamilnadu|
|Poolavadi Chettinad||Chettinad Cement Corp. Ltd.||Poolavadi, Tamil Nadu|
|Shalivhana Wind||Shalivahana Green Energy Ltd.||Tirupur, Tamilnadu|
Wind Energy IQ Questions
Q1. What causes wind?
- Rotation of the Earth
- Variations in the Earth’s surface
- The Sun heating the atmosphere
- All of the above
Q2. What is the earliest recorded use for windmills?
- Grinding grain
- Pumping water
- Generating electricity
Q3. Who invented the first electricity-generating wind turbine?
- French engineer Georges J. M. Darrieus
- Scottish engineer James Blyth
- American inventor Benjamin Franklin
- American inventor Charles F. Brush
Q4. Which of these is NOT a part of a modern wind turbine?
- Gear box
- Yaw drive
Q5. How many different components does it take to build a utility scale wind turbine?
- More than 800
- More than 8,000
- More than 80,000
- More than 80
Q6. Roughly how tall are most utility-scale wind turbine towers in the U.S.?
- 140 meters (460 feet)
- 114 meters (374 feet)
- 82 meters (269 feet)
- 65 meters (213 feet)
Q7. Which U.S. state gets the highest percentage of its electricity from wind?
- South Dakota
Q8. Which nation leads the world in installed wind energy capacity?
- United States
Q9. By how much has the price of American wind power decreased since the 1980s?
- 70 percent
- 90 percent
- 60 percent
- 80 percent
Q10. How many jobs were supported by the U.S. wind power industry in 2016?
Q11. Which of these is NOT an example of distributed wind generation?
- A large, 100-megawatt wind farm
- A small, 5-kilowatt turbine at a home
- A 1.5-megawatt turbine at a university campus
- A 50-kilowatt turbine at an office building
Thanks you and All the best!