Read Today’s Current Affairs 10 March 2018 In English
This post contains important current affairs 10 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs 10 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge.Current Affairs 10 March 2018 will give you the distinguish news and affairs.
1. President to host welcome ceremony for International Solar Alliance
President Ram Nath Kovind will host the welcome ceremony for the International Solar Alliance at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Saturday evening.
- The idea of International Solar Alliance mooted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi began taking shape with its launch at French capital Paris on 30th November 2015.
- The objective of International Solar Alliance is to promote solar power generation and utilisation globally to fight climate change and protect the environment.
- The international government organisation has got recognition from the United Nations. New Delhi will host the Founding Conference of International Solar alliance on 11th March.
Source: DD News
2. Philippine leader signs law giving police chiefs subpoena power
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has signed into law a bill giving the police chief and two other senior police officials the power to issue subpoenas to hasten the investigation of crimes,
- The law “will add more teeth to their mandate to enhance the law and find solutions to criminal cases.
- Under the new law, such subpoena power would rest exclusively with the Philippine National Police (PNP) chief and the director and the deputy director for administration of the PNP’s Criminal Investigation and Detection Group.
Source: The Indian Express
3. Kim Jong Un to meet Donald Trump for nuclear disarmament talks
North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump plan to meet in May for nuclear disarmament talks, a whiplash development that would put two leaders who’ve repeatedly insulted, threatened and dismissed each other in the same room, possibly in the North Korean capital of Pyongyang.
- It would have been an unthinkable suggestion just a few months ago, when the insults were at their peak. Trump was a “senile dotard” and Kim was “Little Rocket Man” and the North was snapping off regular weapons tests in a dogged march toward its goal of a viable nuclear arsenal that can threaten the US mainland.
Source: The Indian Express
4. ‘Wings India 2018’ Event Inaugurated In Hyderabad
Telangana IT and Industries Minister K T Rama Rao inaugurated the biennial event on Civil Aviation and Aerospace titled ‘Wings India 2018’ at the Begumpet Airport.
- The four-day event was Jointly organised by the Civil Aviation Ministry, Airports Authority of India and the Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
Source: Press Information Bureau
5. After Doklam standoff, India to focus on Bhutan ties
India’s diplomatic engagement will place significant focus this year on Bhutan, including a planned visit by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the tiny Himalayan nation wedged between India and China.
- A series of events planned to mark the golden jubilee of diplomatic relations between the two countries follow the tense 73-day standoff between Indian and Chinese troops on Bhutan’s Doklam plateau last year.
Source: The Hindustan Times
6. SpiceJet inks $12.5 billion deal with Safran for aircraft engines
SpiceJet has finalised $ 12.5 billion contract for LEAP-1B engines to power its fleet of 155 Boeing 737 Max planes.
- The agreement which covers ten-year rate per flight hour agreement and spare engines was signed on Saturday on the sidelines of French president Emmanuel Macron’s India visit.
- LEAP-1B engines are manufactured by CFM International, a part of Safran group of France and are the sole engine variant for the 737 Max planes.
Source: Business Standard
7. Telangana Launches India’s 1st State-Led Incubator For Women
The government of Telangana launched Women Entrepreneurship Hub (WE-Hub), India’s first state-led incubator for women entrepreneurs.
The incubator will help women entrepreneurs establish their own enterprises by providing services including seed funding, mentoring, and business guidance. Deepthi Ravula is heading the incubator as its Chief Executive Officer.
8. India, France sign pacts to boost cooperation in railways
India and France today signed two agreements for cooperation in the railways sector with a focus on high speed rail networks.
- The MoU was signed by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and France’s Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs Jean-Yves Le Drian.
- “The purpose of this MoU is to build upon and deepen the mutual cooperation and focus on priority areas of high speed and semi-high speed rail; station renovation modernisation of current operations and infrastructure; and suburban trains,”
Source: The Economics Times
Karnataka To Become 2nd State In Country To Unveil Its Own Flag
The Karnataka government unveiled the State flag (nada dhwaja ) for the state. If approved by the Centre, Karnataka will be the second State to have a flag after Jammu and Kashmir.
- The yellow-white-red flag has the State emblem at the centre. The proposal will be now sent to the Union Home Ministry for approval, since a State has no powers to announce its own flag.
♦ Karnataka CM: Siddaramaiah
♦ Governor: Vajubhai Vala.
Source: The Hindu
Alstom inks $92mn supply deal with India metro firms
French rail giant Alstom on Saturday said it had inked a deal to supply three Indian companies running metro train services in Mumbai, Jaipur and Chennai.
- Under terms of the agreement, Alstom will supply power to the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation and the Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation, both government-run companies, as well as providing trains to the Chennai
Source: The Economics Times
“Thought of the Day”
“I’ve long maintained that the American lawn
is one of the greatest mass brainwashings of all time.
How we all voluntarily signed up to spend untold hours growing and cutting a nonnative monoculture of green
which we lace with poisons to kill plants and insects never ceases to amaze.”
All the best for your exam
Read More Article…