Read Today’s Current Affairs 15 March 2018 In English
This post contains important current affairs 15 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs 15 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge.Current Affairs 15 March 2018 will give you the distinguish news and affairs.
1. CCEA approves continuation of ongoing urea subsidy scheme beyond 12th Five Year Plan
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the proposal of Department of Fertilizers to continue Urea Subsidy Scheme upto 2019-20 at a total estimated cost of Rs. 1,64,935 crore and for disbursement of fertilizer subsidy.
- Urea Subsidy is a part of Central Sector Scheme of Department of Fertilizers with effect from 1st April, 2017 and is wholly financed by the Government of India through Budgetary Support.
- Urea subsidy also includes Imported Urea subsidy which is directed towards import to bridge the gap between assessed demand and indigenous production of urea in the country. It also includes freight subsidy for movement of urea across the country.
Source: DD News
2. India supports developing Chabahar port as alternate access route to Afghanistan, Central Asia
India on Thursday said while it’s Iran’s prerogative to choose partner for developing infrastructure facilities at Chabahar port,
- it supports developing the project as a robust and alternate access route to and from Afghanistan and Central sia.
- Foreign Minister of Iran Javad Zarif had invited Pakistan to participate in the Chabahar port project, Pakistan daily Dawn had reported.
- Only last month, India and Iran had signed a lease agreement where both sides committed to “early and full operationalisation of the Shahid Beheshti Port at Chabahar”.
Source: the Indian Express
3. Dinakaran launches new party AMMK
- He announced his party’s name at Melur near the temple town here in Tamil Nadu.
- He said till the party recovers the ‘two leaves’ symbol, it will contest the elections with the ‘pressure cooker’ symbol.
Source: The Tribune
4. Nations join hands to eliminate TB
India stood committed to its resolve to become a ‘TB- Free country’ by 2025, said Union Health Minister J.P. Nadda on Wednesday, as countries participating in the Delhi End TB Summit signed and adopted the Statement of Action at the end of the summit here.
- The Minister added that India would support member countries of WHO SEARO region in meeting their respective goals of becoming TB-free.
Source: The Hindu
5. NCRB Launches ‘Citizen Services’ Mobile App
The application has been developed in-house by the NCRB. It will offer various essential police related services to the citizens. The application comprises a bouquet of 9 police related services for the citizen.
Source: The Indian Express
6. Amazon Launches First Debit Card In Mexico E-Commerce Push
Amazon.com Inc launched its first-ever debit card in Mexico, part of a push to encourage shoppers without bank accounts to buy online.
- Part of the challenge is attracting consumers who are wary of online fraud and do not have access to credit and debit cards.
Source: The Times of india
7. Delhi Metro Pink Line inaugurated
Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal ceremonially flagged it off from the Metro Bhawan during a function.
- The over 20 km-long Maj-lis Park-Durga-bai Deshmukh South Campus section of the much-awaited Delhi Metro’s Pink Line was inaugurated on Wednesday.taking the operational span of the rapid transit network to 252 kms.
- The end-to-end travel time of the Majlis Park-Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus stretch is 34 minutes and will cost Rs 40.
- The new corridor has, for the first time, also connected the north and south campuses of the Delhi University, on the metro network, which can be commuted in 40 minutes.
Source: DD News
8. Paytm launches two new services under wealth management offering
Mobile application basedfinancial services platform Paytm has announced the launch of two new services – Gold Gifting and Gold Savings Plan as part of its wealth management offering, Paytm Gold.
- It said that more than 60 per cent of Paytm Gold purchases are from tier two and three cities with millennial constitutingthe majority.
- On the Gold Savings Plan, the company said the scheme intends to help customers conveniently andregularly save in gold as per their budget and requirement byentering the duration, frequency and amount of gold they wantto save.
- The company said the customer’s gold will be stored in MMTC PAMP’s ‘secure and 100% insured’ lockers for free and they can get delivery of this gold at any time.
Source: Business Standard
9. India, Madagascar sign umbrella agreement in defence sector
India and Madagascar have signed an umbrella agreement in the field of defence.
- Under the agreement, both the countries will explore various ways of co-operation in the field of defence. An amended air service agreement was also signed to support efforts towards improving connectivity between the two countries.
- President Ram Nath Kovind held delegation level talks with his Madagascar counterpart in Anta-nana-rivo. President Kovind announced a donation of 1000 tonnes of rice and a cash grant of 2 million dollars towards multiple calamities relief in Madagascar.
Source: BBC News
10. UK to invest 48 mn pounds in new chemical weapons defence centre
Britain will invest 48 million pounds ($67 million) in a new chemical warfare defence centre at its Porton Down military research laboratory,
- Porton Down was the facility where British scientists identified the nerve agent used to attack Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal in the city of Salisbury.
Source: The Economic Times
“Thought of the Day”
“Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something
you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up.”
All the best for your exam
Read More Article…