Good News For SSC CGL Aspirants!! Staff Selection Commission(SSC) has finally announced the official SSC CGL Notification Calendar for various posts of SSC CGL. SSC CGL Notification is released on 3rd Apr 2023. It is now published. SSC is expected to announce various vacancies (tentative) for SSC CGL Recruitment 2023 to be fill by the liable and suitable candidates for the post of Inspector, Assistant, Sub Inspector, Tax Assistant, Auditor etc. These posts are under Group B and Group C.
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams will be conducted in online mode.
- Tier 3 and Tier 4 exams will be conducted in offline mode.
SSC CGL Online Registration Start Date : 3rd Apr 2023
Last Date to Submit SSC CGL Online Application :3rd May 2023
SSC CGL is the most popular government job exam in India. Around 30 to 40 Lakhs eligible candidates submit the application form and almost 15 to 20 Lakhs candidates give this exam every year. At last, final selected candidates get this chance to work in ministry and various central government departments.
SSC CGL 2023 Notification – Important Date
|Organisation Department||SSC CGL|
|Name of the Posts||Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’|
|Total Vacancies||20,000 (Group ‘B’ Gazetted-250, Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted-3513, Group C’-2743).|
|SSC CGL Notification 2023 Release Date||3rd Apr 2023|
|SSC CGL Notification 2023 Start Date||3rd Apr 2023|
|SSC CGL Notification 2023 End Date||3rd May 2023|
|Last Date and time for receipt of online applications||3rd May 2023 (23:00)|
|Last Date and time for generation of offline Challan||4th May 2023 (23:00)|
|Last Date and time for making online fee payment||4th May 2023 (23:00)|
|Last Date for payment through Challan (during working hour of bank)||5th May 2023|
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ including online payment.||7th to 8th May 2023 (23:00)|
|Tier-1 Admit Card 2023 Out Date||Jul 2023|
|Tier-1 2023 Exam Date||Jul – Aug 2023|
|Tier-1 Result Date||Updated Soon|
|Tier-2 Admit Card 2023 Out Date||Sep 2023|
|Tier-2 Exam Date||Sep 2023|
|Tier-2 Result||Updated Soon|
|Tier-3 Admit Card||Updated Soon|
|Tier-3 Exam Date||Updated Soon|
|Tier-4 Skill Test||Updated Soon|
SSC CGL Vacancy 2023-24
How many vacancies are released for SSC CGL 2023? – Tentative number of vacancies –,— are declared by the Staff Selection Commission.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
Below is the the eligibility criteria given that a candidate should meet before applying the online application form.
A. SSC CGL Age Limit
Age limit will be considered as on 1st of August 2023. Requirement of age for various posts is as follows:
|S. No.||Age Limit||Remarks|
|(i)||For the posts for which age limit is 18-27 years.||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1996 and not later than 01-08-2005|
|(iii)||For the posts for which age limit is 20-30 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1993 and not later than 01-08-2003|
|(iv)||For the posts for which age limit is 18-30 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1993 and not later than 01-08-2005|
|(v)||For the posts for which age limit is 18-32 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1990 and not later than 01-08-2005|
Note : Date of Birth given in your Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate only will be accepted.
SSC CGL Date of Birth – OBC Date Recognition
A Candidate who has been filling OBC Category, he/she has to make sure that he/she possesses the caste/ community certificate and does not fall in creamy layer on the important date. The important date for this purpose will be the closing date for the receipt of applications i.e. on 31st Jan 2022. Your candidature will remain provisional till the truthfulness and accuracy of the concerned document is verified. Candidates may be debarred from the examinations conducted by the commission in the case of fraudulently claim SC/ST/ OBC/ ExS/ PwD status.
|PwBD (Unreserved)||10 Years|
|PwBD (OBC)||13 Years|
|PwBD (SC/ST)||15 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||15 Years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ST).||8 Years|
|Additional permissible relaxation in upper age limit for Group ‘C’ posts|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application.||Upto 40 years of age|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application.||Upto 45 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried||Upto 35 Years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ST).||Upto 40 years of age|
(B). Educational Qualifications
Education of Candidate will be taken into consideration as on 1st of August 2023.
(i) Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer
(a) Essential Qualifications : Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
(b) Desirable Qualifications : Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Master in Business Studies or Master in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
Note 1 : During the period of probation, direct recruits shall have to qualify the “Subordinate Audit Service Examination” in respected branches for confirmation and regular appointment as Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Account Officer.
(ii) Junior Statistical Officer
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognised University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
(iii) Statistical Investigator Grade-II
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. The candidates must have studied Statistics as a subject in all the three years or all the 6 semesters of the graduation course.
(iv) Assistant in National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT)
Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.
Desirable Qualifications : Degree in law from a recognized university.
(v) Research Assistant in National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)
Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.
Desirable Qualifications : Minimum one-year research experience in any recognized university or recognized Research Institution. Degree in Law or Human Rights from a recognized university.
(vi) All other Posts
Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University or equivalent.
(iv) Final Year Student
The candidates appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply, however they must posses Essential qualification on or before 8th of Oct 2022.
For the posts of Assistant Section Officer (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA), Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate Affairs, Assistant (GSI) in M/o Mines, Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) has been prescribed as an Essential Qualification.
Note : Final year candidates are eligible provided they produce Certificate of Graduation in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before the 1st of January 2022, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Staff Selection Commission.
SSC CGL Application Fee & Mode of Payment
|women/ PH/ SC/ ST||0|
- SSC CGL Online Application Submission (Registration) including payment of fee will be available only from 17th Sep 2022 to 8th oct 2022 (23.00 PM)
- Candidates can pay the fee through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard or Maestro Credit or Debit Card.
Direct Link To Apply For SSC CGL 2022
Below is the direct link to apply online.
How to apply for SSC CGL
Step 1 : Click on above given direct link. And choose Apply Link of ‘Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2022’.
Step 2 : If you have not given previously any exam of SSC, then create new registration and fill out your details carefully.
Step 3 : Registration Id and 4-digit password will be sent your mobile number and then login with that.
Step 4 : Upload your photo and signatures as well.
Step 5 : Make the payment online through net banking or credit/debit cards or challan.
Step 6 : Keep the submitted application form as well as Registration Id & Password for further SSC Application registration.
Step 7 : Visit to the official website of SSC.
Step 8: See the SSC CGL Notification on Home Page to read it . But Click on ‘APPLY’ Tab given above on home page of SSC CGL for registration. You will see as below given screenshot.
Step 9 : Click on it and apply it online.
Step 10 : Follow steps 2 to 8.
Fill the application as soon as possible because official website of SSC may not open in last 4 to 5 days due to server overload.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
SSC has not made any changes this time into the Examination Pattern.
As we all know that SSC CGL Examination is usually conducted in four tiers, so there has not been any changes in any of the tier. Exam Pattern is same as well as the syllabus is also same.
- SSC CGL Tier 1 – Computer Based Examination
- SSC CGL Tier 2 – Computer Based Examination
- SSC CGL Tier 3 – Pen and Paper Based (Descriptive Paper)
- SSC CGL Tier 4 – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever necessary)/ Document Verification.
SSC Commission has still the right to make changes in the scheme or pattern of the examination.
SSC CGL Tier-1 , Tier-2, Tier-3 Exam Schemes
The scheme or the section for the SSC CGL Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 has been given below.
Tier 1 Scheme
|Subject||Number of Questions||Max. Marks||Time allowed|
|A. General Intelligence and
(1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)
|B. General Awareness||25||50|
|C. Quantitative Aptitude||25||50|
|D. English Comprehension||25||50|
- Tier-I will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
Tier 2 Exam Scheme
|Paper||Session||Subject||Number of Questions||Max. Marks||Time allowed|
(2 hours and 15 minutes)
Module-1: Mathematical Abilities
Module-2: Reasoning and General Intelligence
|60 * 3
|1 hour (for each section)
(1 hours and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)
Module-1: English Language and Comprehension
Module-2: General Awareness
|70 * 3
Module-1: Computer Knowledge Module
|20||20 * 3
|15 Minutes (for each module)
(20 minutes for the candidate eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)
Module-2: Data Entry Speed Test Module
|One Data Entry Task||–|
|Paper-2||Statistics||100||100 * 2
|2 hours (for each paper)
(2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)
|Paper-3||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||100 * 2
- Tier-2 will include conducting of Paper-1, Paper-2 and Paper-3 in separate shift(s)/ day(s).
- Paper-1 is compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-2 will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- Paper-3 will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-1 for Paper-3 i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- Paper-1 will be conducted in two sessions – Session –1 & Session-2, on same day. Session-1 will include conducting of Section-1, Section-2 and Module-1 of Section-3. Session-2 will include conducting of Module-2 of Section-3. Therefore, duration of Session-1 will be 2 hours and 15 minutes and duration of Session-2 will be 15 minutes only.
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify all the sections of Paper-1.
- Tier-2 (Paper-1, Paper-2 & Paper-3) will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-2 of Section-3 of Paper-1. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Language And Comprehension module in Section-2 of Paper-1.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-1, Section-2 and Module-1 of Section-3 of Paper-1 and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-2 and Paper-3.
- Module-1 of Section-3 of Paper-1 i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature. However, while shortlisting the candidates for the posts where Computer Proficiency is prescribed i.e. Assistant Section Officer in CSS, MEA & AFHQ, Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Assistant (GSI) in the Ministry of Mines, Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department (Ministry of Earth Sciences), Inspector (CGST &Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer) & Inspector (Examiner) in CBIC and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant in Department of Post, higher qualifying standards will be set in comparison to other posts.
- Module-2 of Section-3 of Paper-I i.e.Data Entry Speed Test (DEST):
- Module-2 of Section-3 of Paper-1 will include conducting of a Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) for a duration of 15 minutes in Session-2 on the same day
- The “Data Entry Speed Test” (DEST) Skill Test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- DEST will be mandatory for all the posts; however it will be qualifying in nature.
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Pattern
|Exam Scheme||Max Marks||Time Allowed|
|Tier-3 : Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/Precis/Letter/Application etc.)||100||1 hour (1 hour and 20 mins for the candidates who are eligible for scribe as per para-7.1 and 7.2)|
SSC CGL Skill Test
For the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax) : Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) at 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depression per hour on Computer.
Skill Test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 key depressions for a duration of 15 minutes. This test will be of qualifying nature only.
SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus
SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus will be remain same as of the previous year. For syllabus visit on below links.
SSC CGL Physical Standards
11 (a). Physical standard Test (PST) is necessary for the post of Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/ Preventive Officer), Inspector & Sub-Inspector in CBN.
11 (b). Physical standard Test (PST) for the Post of Sub- Inspector in Central Bureau of Investigation:
(D): Physical standards for the Post of Sub-Inspector/ Junior Intelligence Officer in Narcotics Control Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs:
For men – 165 cm.
For women – 152 cm.
Note: Height relaxable for Hillsmen and Tribal those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Lahual and Spiti district and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Union territory of Ladakh, Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Union territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Union territories of Lakshadweep: 5 cms.
76 cm (unexpanded) with 5 cms expansion for all candidates (There shall be no such requirement in case of female candidates)
Eye-sight (with or without glasses)
Distant vision: 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.
Near vision 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam 2017-18 Analysis
Candidates can also check the previous paper analysis of SSC CGL Tier-1 by opening below link.
SSC CGL Official Cut Off – Previous Years
Check the previous year cut off of SSC CGL.
SSC CGL Cut Off 2017 Tier 1
|Category||SSC CGL Cut Off 2017 Tier 1|
SSC CGL Cut Off 2016 Tier 1
|Category||SSC CGL Cut Off 2016 Tier 1|
SSC CGL Cut Off 2015 Tier 1
|Category||SSC CGL Cut Off 2015 Tier 1|
SSC CGL Cut Off 2014 Tier 1
|Category||SSC CGL Cut Off 2014 Tier 1|
SSC CGL 2022-23 Official Notification PDF
See the official notification of SSC CGL by clicking on the below link.
If above link is not working, please click it.
SSC CGL Posts Amendment 2020
Commission has done some changes in the posts criteria. Please check in the below link.
If you still have any doubt, you can comment below in box.
All the best for your upcoming exam!
Read more articles….