SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper 2019 Syllabus, Essay & Letter Writing Tips
As you all know that SSC CHSL 2019 Tier-1 Answer key has been declared and SSC CHSL Tier-2 Descriptive Paper is near. SSC CHSL Tier-2 would be a descriptive paper of 100 marks in ‘offline (Pen & Paper) Mode’ and will be tentatively held in the month of September 2019.
You should be cleared that there will be no option between the Essay and Letter. It means that only one letter and one essay will come into the exam and you have to write that topic only.
SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam Pattern
|Essay (200-250 words Limit)||30 Mins||50|
|Letter (150-200 words Limit)||30 Mins||50|
SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper or Tier-2 Details
♦ SSC CHSL Tier-2 Descriptive Paper will have total 100 marks.
♦ The Essay and letter may carry 50 marks each.
♦ Paper will be Pen and Paper based.
♦ Total Duration of the Paper will be 60 Minutes.
♦ Topics would include Essay Writing (200 – 250 Words)/ Letter Writing (150-200) +/- 10% only.
♦ Minimum Qualifying Marks in this exam is 33 %.
♦ Candidates can write the Essay and Letter in either Hindi or English (bilingual language) whichever suit you.
♦ The marks of this paper will also be included into the final merit list.
18 September 2016 For SSC CHSL 2015
Essay Writing –
1. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Word Limit – 250 Words
Marks – 50 Marks
Flow of writing the above Essay ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ In SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper
(i) First of all, write the introduction of ‘What is mission of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’.
(ii) Then write its details like ‘started date‘, view of leaders
(iii) Pen down its aim as well as how it becomes beneficial.
(iv) Problem faced by the Government while running this mission.
(v) In Conclusion, provide the details like how could this problem be solved and how can its reaches to trillions of people.
Write a letter in 200 words to Sport Authority of India, Department of Sports, Government of India, giving your assessment regarding Indian performance in Rio Olympic games and suggestion on how can you improve in next Olympic games.
Flow of writing the above Letter In SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper
(i) Pend down your assessment about performance of India in Rio Olympic games. Write down complete details.
(ii) Explain the drawbacks that you have found in the Indian performance.
(iii) Provide your suggestions how can this be improved in next Olympic games.
19 March 2017 For SSC CGL 2016
Topic : In the event of an earthquake for your safety what you should do and what you should not do.
Word Limit – 250 Words
Marks – 50 Marks
Topic : Assuming that you are Suresh/Seema, write a letter to your younger brother Naresh, highlighting the distinct benefits and a shortcomings of Computer Based Recruitment test, and what will be the future shortfall of it.
Word Limit – 150 words
Marks – 50 marks
SSC CHSL Tier 2 (Descriptive Paper) Preparation Tips
- Candidates should read the Newspaper daily (Prefer The Hindu or The Times of India or The Indian Express). You can also prefer Hindi Newspaper to get more idea clearly as most of the students also know Hindi Very well.
- Practice daily to write idea about the topics.
- Firstly think your arguments on a topic, then put your ideas in a logical order.
- Remember to stick to the word limit.
- Try to use correct grammar and spelling for making the sentences.
- Learn Innovative words and increase your vocabulary for looking it as efficient and suitable.
- Try practice thrice in a week on a topic, check grammatical errors, spelling mistakes.
- Think essay to write also by dividing into three phases
- – Introduction Part : 40 words
- – Body : 160 words
- – Conclusion : 50 words
SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper Topics For Essays
Time : 1 hour
Marks – 50 makes
Words : 250 words
Letter Words : 150 words
If you have written more than 275 words or less than 225 words, then there will be negative marking. You should not write more than 2 and an half page for essay.
1. Demonetisation (More chances to come in exam)
2. Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana
3. Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao
4. Cashless economy
5. Union Indian Budget
6. Women Empowerment
7. Role of technology in gross development
8. GST bill and its benefits (More chances to come in exam)
9. Eradication of black money from country, steps taken by government
10. Technology Advancement in India (ISRO)
11. Make in India Inititative (More chances to come in exam)
12. Intellectual Property Rights
13. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (More chances to come in exam)
14. UDAN Scheme
15. Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDSA) – Making Rural India Digitally Literate
16. Vrishtha Pension Bima Yojana 2017 – The Old Age Pension Scheme
17. 6000 Pregnancy Aid Scheme for Pregnant Women in India
18. New Scheme for Monthly Allowance of Rs. 1500 to Unemployment & Poor
19. Mid-day Meal Scheme for Madrasa to be Launched Soon (More chances to come in exam)
20. 2 Lakh Insurance Cover Scheme for Jan Dhan Account Holders
21. Pravsai Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKVY) – Skills in Line with International Standards Surgical Strike
22. Digital India
23. Surgical Strike (More chances to come in exam)
24. Digital Payments, E – Wallets
25. Unified Payment Interface
26. The Seventh Pay Commission
29. Women Empowerment
30. The Technological Revolution
31. Sexual Harassment
32. Reservation in educational institutions
33. Right to Information
34. Right to Equality
35. Gender Sensitivity/ Gender specific roles
36. The GST bill
37. Reservation of women in Parliament
38. Violence and Peace
40. The Kashmir Issue
41. The India Pakistan Relations
43. 370 article in Kashmir
SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper – Letters to the Editor/ Governing Body/ In-Charge
SSC will also give to candidate to write the Letter which have to write anybody like to editor/ Governing body/ In-charge/ friends/ any relative regarding anything. So guys make your wide and think smartly.
1. Complain letter regarding increasing noise pollution in your locality.
2. Complain letter regarding trouble faced by common people due to demonetisation.
3. Complain letter regarding recent articles in a popular newspaper being based only on Bollywood stars rather than relevant and important news.
4. Complain letter mentioning chaotic state of traffic near your locality.
5. Letter to present views on Women empowerment.
6. Letter to present views on Corruption.
7. Letter to present views on Education beyond classroom teaching.
8. Letter to present views on ‘Nature and its protection’
9. Letter to present views on effect of digitalization on today’s youth.
Guys, please also check the format for writing the letter as it is also matter for scoring good marks.
How to write Letters/ Applications for SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper?
A. Candidates should have to follow a prescribed format to write a letter or application.
B. Candidate cannot write the body above the subject , address. A letter has some basic parts:
- Address Heading – Writer’s Full Address
- Inside Address – Recipient Full Name and Address
- Greeting – Dear [name of recipient]
- Subject Line – Main subject of the letter
- Closing (“Yours truly”, “Sincerely”, “Regards”, ‘Yours faithfully’)
C. Candidate must keep the following aspects in the mind while writing the letter.
- Purpose of writing
- To the person (address)
- Soft and Appropriate Language
- Full Message
- What action are you going or willing to take.
- Short and point-point information.
D. In Formal Letters, you need to write to
- Police Officer
E. In Informal Letters, you need to write to
- Your’s Relatives
SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper Books
1. Descriptive English by SP Bakshi – Best Book for All SSC Exams.
2. A hadbook for Letter Writing by SC Gupta
3. SSC CHSL (10+2) STAGE-II EXAM (Descriptive Paper) – Practice Work Group by Kiran Publication
All the best for your upcoming exam!