SBI Clerk Salary Structure, Job Profile, Promotion, Career Growth
SBI Clerk 2019 is a much awaited recruitment process. It is a best gateway to a career in the banking industry for thousands of students and working professionals around the nation. SBI Clerk 2019 Exam is to be conducted in two phases, prelims and Mains. It is very important for you to know more about career prospects, work culture, salaries etc of a clerk.
SBI Clerk Salary Structure, Job Profile, Promotion, Career Growth
- 1 SBI Clerk Junior Associate Salary Structure 2019
- 2 SBI Clerk Junior Associate Promotion
- 3 SBI Clerk Salary & Allowances
- 4 SBI Clerk Salary Allowances
- 5 SBI Junior Associate Work Profile
- 6 SBI Clerk Junior Associate Job Profile
- 7 SBI Clerk Growth Opportunity
- 8 SBI Clerk Job Posting & Transfer
- 9 SBI Clerk Salary after 7th pay commission
- 10 SBI Clerk In Hand Salary
- 11 SBI Clerk Promotion
- 12 SBI Clerk Exam Date 2019
Any Account holder enter in a bank and approach toward a counter and get own doubts and queries clarified. The person who resolved that issues is a Clerk. A Junior Associate as a clerk gets a decent salary for a comfortable lifestyle.
SBI Clerk Junior Associate Salary Structure 2019
The salary structure of an SBI Clerk Junior Associate is :
Starting Salary – Rs. 11,765/- (annual increment – Rs. 655/-)
SBI Clerk Junior Associate Promotion
After 3 years: it will increase to Rs. 13,730/-
After next 3 years : it will be Rs. 16,715/- followed by
After another 4 years : it will become Rs. 20,095/-
After another 7 years: it will be Rs. 28,110/- and so on.
SBI Clerk Salary & Allowances
A junior Associate in the State Bank of India can get a salary of Rs. 21000 to Rs. 23000. The basic salary component of SBI Clerk is around Rs. 17000. (with a scope of promotion.)
Note – According to the SBI Clerk Notification, the total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at a Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs. 23,600/- per month inclusive of Dearness allowance (D.A.) and other allowances. Allowances vary depending upon the place of posting of the employee.
SBI Clerk Salary Allowances
SBI Clerk will be eligible for reimbursement of various perquisites, Provident Fund, Gratuity, Pension under New Pension Scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit Scheme), Medical, Leave fare and other facilities, as per the instructions of the Bank issued from time to time.
Some of the allowances that the SBI bestows on its Junior Associates in clerical cadre are:
- Dearness Allowance (DA): This allowance is revised on a quarterly basis in the months of February, May, August, and November. It is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) as decided by Government of India. When inflation is high, DA goes up and when inflation falls, DA goes down.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): This allowance depends on the place of posting. Employees posted in metros like Mumbai, Delhi, etc. are given a better HRA in comparison to those posted in other cities.
SBI Junior Associate Work Profile
The work profile of a clerk in the State Bank of India is related to single window operator. Junior Associate or clerk is the first point of contract for inquiries & guidance. It is the starting designation in the hierarchy of bank jobs.
A clerk deals with the front desk work and customer handling operations. A clerk works at the single window operations like managing inquiry corners, withdrawal, managing receipts etc.
A clerk also deals with opening new accounts, cash collection, issuing bank statements and handling mails and delivery.
SBI Clerk Junior Associate Job Profile
- Works as a Single Window Operator (SWO) – It includes the day-to-day works like opening accounts, amount transfers through cheque/NEFT/RTGS etc , issuance of Demand Drafts (DD), cheque clearance, receiving inwards mails, cheque book requests.
- Also work as a head cashier i.e. handling cash transactions of the concerned branch.
- Clearing and transfer of cheques.
- Works as a special assistants or universal tellers.
- Clerk is also liable to address the concerns of the customers and try to resolve them.
- There is also marketing and sales job.
- Have ability to do marketing.
- Have to make customer calls and handle calls.
- Have to sell products inside and outside premises.
- Outdoor travelling for promotion.
- Flexible working hours/ shifts
- Good communication skill to relate with customers.
SBI Clerk Growth Opportunity
As per SBI’s promotion process, the candidates would be promoted to higher posts on basis of their performance also after working for 3 years through internal exams a clerk can get promoted to the post of Probationary Officer/ Assistant Manager. After starting your career as Officer or Junior Associate in the State Bank of India you can also appear for Associate Exams: JAIIB and CAIIB certification exam which is bright opportunity to get an edge over others.
SBI Clerk Job Posting & Transfer
- Not eligible for transfer for 1st 3 years of service.
- Probation period : 6 months
SBI Clerk Salary after 7th pay commission
SBI Clerk is same as of IBPS Clerk even after 7th pay commission. SBI is a public sector undertaking but not a government organisation.
- Basic Pay : 11,765/-
- DA (quarterly basis)
- Special allowances
- HRA (depends on place of posting)
Class X or Metro Cities : 21000/- (Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai,and Kolkata)
Class Y Cities : 20,000/- (Vijaywada, Warangal, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur, Guwahati, Patna, Chandigarh, Durg-Bhilai Nagar, Raipur, Ahamdabad, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Vadodara, Surat Faridabad, Srinagar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Dhandbad, Ranchi, Balgaon, Hubli-Dharrwad, Mangalore, Mysore, Kozhikode, Kochi, Thiruvannathpuram, Gwalior, Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Amravati, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Nashik, Bhiwandi, Pune, Solapur, Kolapur, cuttack, Bhubneshwar, Amritsar, Jalandar, Ludhiana, Pondicherry, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Salem, Trippur, Coimbatore, Madurai, Dehradun,Moradabad, Meerut, Gaziabad, Aligarh, Agra, Bareily, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Varanasi)
Class Z Cities : 19,000/- (all remaining cities will come under Z city category.)
SBI Clerk In Hand Salary
After all deductions, the in-hand salary of SBI clerk varies as per the place of posting. It is usually lies in the range of Rs. 20,000/- to 23, 000/- based on the posting location.
SBI Clerk Promotion
- Senior Associates (10 year)
- Special Assistant (20 year)
- Senior Special Assistant (30 years)
SBI Clerk Exam Date 2019
AffairsGuru Team will soon update the notification regarding the SBI Clerk Exam.
If you have still any doubts, please comment below in the boxes.
All the best for your upcoming exam!
Read more articles….