UPSC CAPF AC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2019 PDF Download
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts a CAPF Exam every year for the posts of Assistant Commandant (AC). Board is always release the CAPF notification in April or May in a year. This a Central Armed Police Force – BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSB.
UPSC CAPF AC Selection Process 2019
- Written Test – Paper 1 & Paper 2
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Medical Standard Test
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Final Selection/ Merit List
CAPF Syllabus for Assistant Commandant (AC) Exam 2019
CAPF Written Syllabus of Assistant Commandant (AC) with detailed explanation are following below.
CAPF AC Paper 1 & 2 Written Exam Pattern
|Paper 1 (Objective)||General Ability & Intelligence (2 hours)||250|
|Paper 2 (Descriptive)||General Studies, Essay & Comprehension (3 hours)||200|
- Candidates have to score minimum qualifying marks in both exams. This minimum score will be decided by commission itself.
- 1/3rd mark of allotted question will be deducted on attempted one wrong answer.
- CAPF Paper 1 will be qualifying in nature. Paper 2 will be evaluated only after you qualify in Paper 1.
- After qualifying in written exam, candidates will be called Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
CAPF AC Paper 1 Syllabus
Paper 1 Syllabus for UPSC CAPF is related to General Ability & Intelligence. Sections for Paper 1 is given below.
- General Mental Ability : Quantitative Aptitude, Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning
- General Science : General Awareness, Scientific temper, comprehension & appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation like Information Technology,Biotechnology, Environmental Science
- Current Events of National and International Importance: current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity & Economy : Knowledge of the Country’s political system & the Constitution of India, Social systems & public administration, economic development in India, Regional & International Security Issues, Human rights including its indicators.
- History of India : Social, economic & political aspects of History, area of growth of nationalism & freedom movement.
- Indian & World Geography : physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World
CAPF AC Paper 2 Syllabus
Syllabus for CAPF Paper 2 is related to General Studies, Essay & Comprehension. This consists of two part A & B.
- Part-A : Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
- Part-B : Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
CAPF Physical Efficiency Test (PET/PST) Pattern
- Once candidates qualified for Physical Standard or Efficiency Test (PET/PST), he/she will be allowed for Medical Standard Test (MST).
- Government Medical officer (GMO) will take many medical tests according to the guidelines of Commission.
- Post clearance of Medical Test, candidates will be called for a Personal Interview (PI).
CAPF AC Interview
How to fill answer sheet for CAPF AC?
Please follow these instructions very carefully. You may note that since the Answer Sheets are to be evaluated on machine, any violation of these instructions may result in reduction of your score for which you would yourself be responsible. Before you mark your responses on the Answer/OMR Sheet, you will have to fill in various particulars in it. As soon as the candidate receives the Answer Sheet, he/she should check that it is numbered at the bottom. If it is found unnumbered he/she should at once get it replaced by a numbered one.
You will see from the Answer Sheet that you will have to fill in the top line, which reads thus:
You should write with black ball pen the name of the centre and subject in English or Hindi. The test Booklet Series is indicated by Alphabets A, B, C or D at the top right hand corner of the Booklet.
For General Ability subject paper of ‘A’ Test Booklet Series you have to encode the subject code, which is 99.
CAPF AC Exam Instructions
- Candidates have to write Center and Subject name, code and roll number, booklet series by black pen on the top.
- If booklet series is not printed on question paper or answer sheet is unnumbered, you should immediately report to invigilator and replaced the Answer sheet and booklet.
- Should not write name or anything other than asked information on Answer Sheet/Booklet/rough page.
- Should not write back page of answer sheet. And also not fold the sheet as marks will be evaluated through computerized machine.
- Use black pen only to darken the circles.
UPSC CAPF AC Book PDF Download
AffairsGuru Team will upload the CAPF AC books pdf here soon.
If you do have any questions/doubts, write below in comment box. We will respond soon for the same.
CAPF AC Syllabus PDF Download
Aspirants can view or download the UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant (AC) Syllabus by clicking on below link.