IMPORTANT DAM OF INDIA
Hi Aspirants, We are here providing the List of Important Dam of India for your knowledge to attempt all the questions in your any competitive exams.
General Awareness is scoring section of Banking exams. General awareness section consists of Static Banking Awareness, Current Banking Awareness, and Static GK. In this series of Static GK, we will discuss “Important dams in India”.
- Dam is a barrier constructed to store water, the resulting reservoir being used in the generation of electricity and Irrigation etc.
- Dams are classified according to structure, intended purpose etc.
(a) By Structure- Arch dam, Gravity dam, Embankment dams etc.
(b) By Purpose- Irrigation purpose, Power generation, Multipurpose etc.
[table id=4 /]
GK Quiz questions: Dam and Rivers
1. In which River Hirakud dam (longest dam in India) is situated ?
Answer: Mahanadi (Odisha)
2. In which River Bhakranangal dam (largest dam in India) is situated ?
Answer: Sutlej (Himachal Pradesh)
3. In which River Tehri Dam (highest dam in India) is situated ?
Answer: Bhagirathi River (Uttarakhand)
4. In which River Nagarjunasagar Dam is situated ?
Answer: Krishna River
5. In which state the Baglihar Dam situates ?
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir (in river Chinab)
6. In which state the Ukai Dam situates ?
Answer: Gujarat (in river Tapti)
7. In which state the Pong Dam situates ?
Answer: Himachal Pradesh (in river Beas)
8. In which state the Koyna Dam situates ?
Answer: Maharashtra (in river Koyna)
9. In which state the Osman Sagar dam situates ?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh (in river Musi )
Thanks you and All the best!