SBI PO Syllabus 2019 PDF Download – Prelims, Mains Patterns, GD & PI
SBI is recruiting the candidates for Probationary Officers (PO) posts each year. This article contains Prelims and Mains Exam Pattern, complete topic-wise details for SBi Recruitment 2019.
SBI PO 2019 Important Dates
|Organisation Name||State Bank of India|
|Job Profile||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|Total No. of Vacancies||2000|
|Online Application Start Date||2nd Apr 2019|
|Last Date of Online Application||22nd Apr 2019|
SBI Bank PO Selection Process
SBI PO recruitment process contains the four rounds to get the job as PO in bank. These rounds are given below.
- Phase 1 : Preliminary Exam
- Phase 2 : Main Exam (Including Descriptive Paper)
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
|Test Name||No. of Questions (Time)||Max. Marks|
|English Language||30 (20 minutes)||100 marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35 (20 minutes)|
|Reasoning Ability||35 (20 minutes)|
|Total||100 (1 hour)|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern 2019
|Test Name||No. of Questions (Time)||Max. Marks|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45 (60 minutes)||200 marks|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35 (45 minutes)|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40 (35 minutes)|
|English Language||35 (40 minutes)|
|Total||155 (3 hour)|
SBI PO Descriptive Paper 2019
|Test Name||Duration||Max. Marks|
|Letter Writing||30 minutes||
SBI PO Negative Marking
1/4th of assigned mark to the question will be deducted on wrong answer. However it is not applicable in case of descriptive test.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2019
Section wise syllabus for SBI PO Prelim Exam is mentioned below.
SBI PO Prelims English Syllabus
First Section in SBI Prelim Exam is English Language. Detailed and covered topics are given below.
1. Reading Comprehension (RC : 10-15 questions)
- RC will consist of 1 passage of 10 questions, out of which 3-4 vocab based questions.
- Topics : Banking and Economy, Education, Business, Moral Stories, technology and social issues, politics.
- Theme or main concluded idea based questions being asked.
- Synonyms and Antonyms based questions
- Fact and Inference based questions have require passage reading thoroughly.
2. Fill in the Blanks (5 questions)
- Vocab based questions
- Single or Double type questions
- Answers can be easily given by choosing the option and understanding context of the sentence.
3. Error Spotting (5 questions)
- Grammar and Vocab based questions
- Important Topics : tenses, subject-verb agreement, article-noun agreement, correct use of prepositions, correct part of speech, parallelism, phrasal verbs, easily confused words, contextual usage
- Sentence construction, Conjunctions, degree of comparison
- Choose word which has correct spelling out of four options.
5. Cloze Test
- It is a passage with 5 or 10 blanks.
- Related Topics : Banking & Economy, Social issues, etc.
- Blank filler are easy to moderate, but only one or two words come as tough.
- Understanding the context of passage
6. Phrase Idiom Meaning
- Take knowledge of interpretation of given phrase idiom
- Select the correct meaning of given phrase.
7. Para Jumbles (5 Questions)
- One set of 6 sentences will be given for rearranging and form a meaningful paragraph.
- It can be based on any topic.
8. Sentence/ Paragraph Completion
- Candidates will be given an incomplete sentence with 4 option to complete the sentence meaningfully.
9. Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction (5 Questions)
- It is grammar based.
- Don’t guess too much in this topic.
- It test candidate’s standard to construct the sentences and order of words, etc.
SBI PO Prelims Reasoning Syllabus
Second Section in SBI Prelim Exam is English Language. Reasoning Ability is to judge candidate’s ability to apply reason in solving any particular problem. Detailed and covered topics are given below.
1. Inequalities (3-5 questions)
- Need to solve direct mathematical inequalities problems.
- In question, there might be a range of 1-3 complex statements. You have to choose one correct conclusion out of given 4 conclusions.
2. Coding & Decoding (1-5 questions)
- Letter shifting, coding by analogy and coding letters of word.
3. Analogy (0-2 questions)
- Meaning, letter and number based questions.
4. Arrangement & Pattern (0-2 questions)
- Questions on random sequence of alphabets, number arrangement and dictionary or alphabet based arrangement etc.
5. Direction & Distance (0-2 questions)
- Basic problem that can be solved by just plotting all the given information on paper.
6. Ordering & Ranking (1-3 questions)
- Arranging by age, floor, rank, order in a row questions.
7. Classification (0-2 questions)
- Questions based on Letter and Number.
8. Syllogism (0-5 questions)
- Numerous statement could be given. You have to deal with multiple possibilities.
- Possibility questions can also be asked.
9. Input-Output (0-5 questions)
- Numbers and words are arranged on the basis of some pattern.
- Need to identify pattern and apply on the statement to arrive at the output.
10. Blood Relations (1-3 Questions)
- Questions related to family tree and coded blood relation.
11. Data Sufficiency (0-5 questions)
- Questions pertaining to various topics – blood relation, ordering and ranking, coding in fictitious language
- Ages and Birth Dates, direction & distance, circular arrangement etc.
12. Linear Seating Arrangement (5 questions)
- Single row or 2 rows facing each other.
- Possibility of double line-up types problems with sorting information.
- Attempt the question by clean charting, proper technique and step-by-step solving of the problem.
13. Circular Seating Arrangement (5 questions)
- Uni-directional and bi-directional problems (i.e. facing inside, outside or in both directions)
- Square/ rectangular/ hexagonal table might be formed. Also can relate to blood relation or third category.
14. Grouping and Selection (0-5 questions)
- Questions on teams and committees under this category.
15. Verbal Reasoning (0-2 questions)
- Course of action, Cause and effect, statement and assumptions, statement and arguments, statement and inferences, statement and conclusions, etc.
SBI PO Syllabus Quantitative Aptitude
Third Section in SBI Prelim Exam is Quantitative Aptitude. Detailed and covered topics are given below.
1. Number System (0-1 questions)
- Multiples and factors, divisibility and remainder, LCM & HCF etc.
2. Simplification (5-10 questions)
- BODMAS rule, approximation, fractions, decimals, surds & indices
3. Percentage (1-2 questions)
- Calculation oriented basic problem
4. Ratio and Proportion (1-2 questions)
- Simple and compound ratios, componendo and devidendo, proportions etc.
5. Average (1-2 questions)
- Average weight/height/age/marks, average temperature, average money expenditure etc.
6. Number Series (3-5 questions)
- Complete the series, finding the missing term, finding the wrong term.
- AP, AG, AGP or more complex pattern can also be in series.
7. Speed, Time and Distance (1-2 questions)
- Relative speed, average speed, trains, boat and stream.
8. Time and Work
- Work efficiency, pipe and cistern, work and wages etc.
- Mixture of two or more entities.
10. Interest (1-2 questions)
- Simple and Compound Interest, mixture of both Interest
11. Profit and Loss (0-2 questions)
- Successive selling, discount & MP, dishonest dealing, partnerships etc.
12. Permutation and Combination
- Calculation oriented, Probability
13. Algebra (3-5 questions)
- Quadratic equations
14. Mensuration (1-2 questions)
- Area of rectangle, square, circle and semi-circle and parallelogram, cone and cylinder
15. Date Interpretation (5-10 questions)
- Line graphs, bar graphs, pie charts, Triangular and radar graph
SBI PO Computer Aptitude Syllabus
Fourth Section in SBI Prelim Exam is Computer Aptitude. Detailed and covered topics are given below.
- Computer Basics
- Hardware & Software
- MS Word and MS Excel
- MS Powerpoint
- Operating System
- Computer Generation
- Network and Internet
- Short form related software (e.g. Jpeg, mp3, pdf)
- Microsoft, Android and Apple related news
SBI PO General Awareness Syllabus 2019
Fifth Section in SBI Prelim Exam is General Awareness. Detailed and covered topics are given below.
- Current Knowledge and news related to bank, RBI
- Awareness about Union, State and Railway Budget
- Current Affairs
SBI PO Marketing Syllabus
Sixth Section in SBI Prelim Exam is marketing. Detailed and covered topics are given below.
- Marketing basics and its strategies
- Market Segmentation and Management
- Developing Stage of organisation
- Marketing Mix and Products Life Cycle
- Brand and Advertising
- 4 P’s and 4 C’s of marketing
SBI PO Descriptive Paper Syllabus
- Online based exam in which candidates need to type the answer through keyboard.
- You will get only 30 minutes to complete descriptive paper.
- 2 Question – Letter and Essay Writing
- Topics can be related to any current or past issues, reforms.
- Easy questions carry 25 marks.
SBI PO Group Discussion and Interview
Marks secured by the candidates in Main Examination are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in GD and Interview are converted to out of 25. Final merit list is arrived after aggregating converted Marks of Main exam and GD and Interview. Topics for SBI PO Group Discussion (GD) – 20 marks and Interview – 30 marks are given below.
Type of Questions asked in Interview
- Personal Questions (Intro etc.)
- Job Related (Why banking?)
- Qualities Related Questions (Your strength)
- Basic Banking Questions
- Banking Current Affairs
- General Affairs Questions
SBI PO Syllabus PDF Download
Candidates can view or download SBI PO Syllabus PDF by clicking on below link.
Best of luck for your upcoming exam!