List of Finance Commissions of India Download PDF
The Finance Commission is a constitutional body which is established under the Article 280 of Indian Constitution. The first finance commission was formed on 22 November, 1951. The headquarter of Finance commission is in New Delhi.
- The Finance Commission consists of a chairman and four other member. Qualification is recommended by the Parliament of Chairmen and other four members.
- The chairman is selected among person who had experience in public affairs.
- While other members are selected among person, who have been or are qualified to be appointed judges of the High Court, or Should have special knowledge of finance and accounts of government. A person who has wide experience in financial matters, A person who has special knowledge of Economics
- Finance commission is appointed by the president of India for every five years.
- Recently, N. K. Singh is appointed as the chairman of 15th Finance Commission from 2020-25.
Functions of the Finance Commission
- To recommend to the president the basis for Distribution of taxes to be shared between the Centre and the states Government.
- To recommend the principle which should govern the grants -in – aid to be given to states out of consolidated founds of India.
- To give advice to the president of India on any other matters referred to the commission in interest of the sound finance.
|Finance Commission||Established Year||Chairman||Implemented Year|
|4th||1964||Dr. P.V. Rajamannar||1966-69|
|11th||1998||A. M. Khusra||2000-05|
|13th||2007||Vijay L. Khelkar||2010-15|
Click Here to Download List of Finance Commission of India
All the best for your upcoming exam
Read more articles….