SBI PO 2018 Online Application Form Available – 2000 Vacancy
India’s largest public sector bank SBI has finally released 2000 vacancies for the recruitment of Probationary Officers (SBI PO) in 2018 year.SBI PO is a high-income career for all the Candidates who wish to join the reputed Government or public sector bank.
SBI PO is one of the craved job in the banking industry. As its brand value is more, SBI PO attracts lakhs of candidates every year who carry the same dream of joining this biggest public sector industry. SBI has started the Online Application form filling from the 21st April and will be ended on 13th May 2018.
Role of Probationary Officer In Nationalized Bank
During probation period of 2 years you will be subjected to frequent training and transfers and will be trained to get the practical knowledge in the banking industry like
- Finance, accounting, marketing, billing as well as investment.
- Learning nitty gritties (basic details) of General Banking.
- Opening of new accounts, Doing deposits, cash management etc.
- Understanding Loan Processing
- Issuing ATM cards, cheque books, demand drafts etc
After successful completion of the probation period, you will be posted in any bank branch as an Assistant Bank Manager to handle works on daily customer transactions, viz.
- Marketing of New Schemes.
- Bringing New Business.
- Solving the grievances of customers coming in the bank.
- Any other task bestowed by the bank time to time.
SBI PO Notification 2018 – Important Date
Online Registration For the SBI PO has been started from 1st of April and will be ended on 13th May 2018.
|Online registration including Edit/Modification of Application||21st April 2018 to 13th May 2018|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||21st April 2018 to 13th May 2018|
|Prelim Exam Call Letters Download||18th June Onwards|
|Online Prelim Exam||1st, 7th & 8th July 2018|
|Prelim Exam Result||15th July 2018|
|Mains Exam Call Letter Download||20th July 2018|
|Online Mains Exam||4th August 2018|
|Mains Exam Result||20th August 2018|
|Personal Interview Call Letter Download||1st September 2018|
|Personal Interview & Group Discussion||24th September 2018 to 12th October 2018|
|Declaration of Final Result||1st November 2018|
SBI PO Vacancy 2018 Category-Wise
SBI has released the 2000 vacancies to recruit the desired candidates in its bank. The vacancy details are given below category-wise.
Vacancies for PwD has been reserved by the Bank.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2018
♦ Educational Qualifications (Considered on 1st April 2018)
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government OR
- Students in Final Year/Semester of their Graduation provided they produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2018 OR
- Candidates with Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate, provided date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2018 OR
- Candidates possessing the qualification of Chartered Accountant.
♦ Age Limit (Considered on 31st August 2018)
- Minimum Age – 21 Years
- Maximum Age – 30 Years
Note : Candidates can not applied if born before 2nd April 1988.
♦ Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PwD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (Gen)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers with 5 years’ service completed and released.||5 years|
|Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
How to Apply for SBI PO 2018 ?
Candidates can only apply the application form through online mode. The link for applying online will be active from 21st April 2018 and will be disabled on 13th May 2018. Below is the procedure given to apply online.
Step 1 : Click on the above link to apply online for SBI PO 2018.
Step 2 : Candidate will receive a provisional Registration Number and Password.
Step 3 : Note down your registration number and save it for future reference.
Step 4 : Submit the application form after filling it carefully with required information.
Step 5 : Pay the application fee online through net banking or credit or debit card.
Step 6 : Alternatively, visit to the official website of SBI.
Step 7 : Click on “Apply Now” under Recruitment of Probationary Officers Heading.
Step 8 : Follow the Step 2 to 4 .
Step 9 : Keep the submitted application form
SBI PO Salary 2018
SBI PO is a high-income career and you will get the respected position in the bank with good amount of salary.
- Current Starting Basic Pay: Rs. 27,620/- (with 4 advance increments)
- Pay Scale: 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020
- Grade: Junior Management Grade Scale-I
- Allowances: D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time.
- Total Compensation: Total compensation per annum would be a minimum of ₹ 7.55 lacs and maximum of ₹ 12.93 lacs depending on place of posting and other factors.
- Other: SBI plans to offer, subject to necessary approvals, a SMART Compensation Package which would enable candidates a choice to monetize specific elements of the salary package.
SBI PO Application Fee
Application Fee for SBI PO has been given below on the basis of category-wise.
|SC/ ST/ PwD||100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|General/ OBC||600/- (Application Fee including Intimation Charges)|
SBI PO Official Notification 2018
You can also check all the official details regarding SBI PO 2018 by clicking on below link
SBI PO Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
The selection for Probationary Officers will be done through a three tiered process:
♦ Phase-I: Preliminary Examination :
- Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online.
- The test will have of 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|English Language||30||Total Marks 100||20 Min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 Min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 Min|
♦ Phase-II: Main Examination :
- Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks.
- Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online.
- Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer.
- Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
(i) Objective Test : The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||Total Marks 200||60 Min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||45 Min|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||35 Min|
|English Language||35||40 Min|
(ii) Descriptive Test : The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
Note : There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
♦ Phase-III: Group Exercises (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks) :
- Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Main Examination.
- Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approximately) of the category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise & Interview from the top of the merit list subject to a candidate scoring minimum qualifying score in aggregate.
♦ Final Selection
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection.
- Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25.
- The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Main Examination and Group Exercises & Interview out of 100.
- The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
SBI PO 2018 Cut Off
The cut off for SBI PO 2018 will be released after release of SBI PO Result. The cut-off will help candidates to know about the minimum score required to clear the different levels of exam in which SBI PO is conducted. You can get the clear idea of cut off marks by given below table.
♦ Sectional Cut Off For SBI PO Prelims 2017
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
|GEN||OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD|
If you have any doubt, please comment below in the box. We will get back to you soon.
All the best for your upcoming exam!
Read more articles….